Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Peek into a Guest Room

The patina on this garage sale find is gorgeous.  It's just enough gold.
This mirror was the catalyst to the transformation of Lynn's guest room where I spent a third of my summer,  she was kind to have me for that long.  So in return I left it better than how I found it.  Thank you, Lynn!

I painted this desk with a warm grey and then distressed it by sanding the edges a little.

I made lamp shade slipcovers from ecru burlap and a bit of elastic banding.  Lamps with skirts!
Washed burlap pillows set the tone and give this formal chaise a relaxed sensibility.  Notice the layered slipcover and wire lamp shade.
Cookie and I found this set of nesting tables which had a big chunk taken out of the edge.  Spackle offered a simple fix.  I added a glaze tinted with my warm grey acrylic paint to just wash the top of the table.  The base was left alone leaving the warm gold patina of these aged pieces.  Lynn and I painted the existing nightstands that had a wood finish with the warm french grey to soften the look of the space.

The Process


Sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. I love this look its so elegant and simple with the focus on just a few architectural pieces. The mirror looks stunning a beautiful striking piece.

    Debbie X

    ReplyDelete